The Kitchissippi Times (KT) is an established community newspaper/website that serves popular Ottawa neighbourhoods such as Hintonburg, Wellington West, and Westboro. KT enjoys a tight bond with its readers, who look to the newspaper and website for news stories and profiles of people who live in this village-like community.
KT is looking for a Marketing sales co-ordinator/Junior sales associate to work on a three-person team to build advertising sales and help local businesses with their marketing. The ideal candidate is someone who is driven to succeed in sales and provide excellent customer service to clients. This individual will work closely with 15-year seasoned multimedia marketing sales professional to service clients and approach prospects. The preferred candidate has knowledge of the Kitchissippi area or, better yet, lives in the neighbourhood.
Here is a job description:
- Interact directly (i.e. face-to-face, telephone, email) with local businesses to propose multimedia marketing solutions, ranging from traditional newspaper advertising to content marketing to programmatic digital
- Assist clients with artwork approvals for active marketing campaigns
- Create and execute outbound campaigns to promote KT marketing services to clients and prospects (email marketing, social media, print advertising etc.)
- Attend sales meetings, set agendas, keep notes, do follow-ups
- Prepare and analyze sales reports
- Represent KT at events etc.
Interested? There is tremendous room for growth at KT, and by extension, our parent company, Great River Media. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bonus points if you include a video introduction of yourself. A shortlist of candidates will be created and interviews booked.